Monday, February 1, 2016

Trip to Bukchon Hanok Village



This is a dream come true! Walking in the village made me feel like I'm inside a Koreanovela.


Bukchon Hanok Village is an actual residential area, The gate that you see at the background is a part of someone's house. Just like in Korean movies! :)


There's a dozen of workshops in Hanok Village where you can experience their culture. Unfortunately 50% of them are closed on Mondays. Most of them don't allow taking pictures during the workshop. I just took a snapshot outside the workshop area. 


I also visited some museums. Some museums showcase the tradition Korean culture like Gahoe museum,  Han Sangsu Embroidery Museum, the Museum of Korean art and many more. 


I wasn't able to take much pictures because my phone died. Good thing, there's an observatory nearby which offers some hot beverages like coffee, tea, and cocoa. I was able to charge my phone while enjoying the view of the Bukchon Hanok Village.
I'll definitely go back there on Spring. I don't recommend the winter season because my fingers (even with gloves on) are freezing while walking in the village.  I'll update this blog on Spring. :) 


How to go there:
Take subway line 3 to Anguk Station (exit 2)
Walk for about 300m to reach the Bukchon Hanok Village.

Admission Fee:
Museum of Korean Buddhist Art - 3,500 won
Han Sangsoo Embroidery workshop - 2,000 won
The World Jewelry Museum - 5,000 won
Kum Bak Yeon - 2,000 won 

Gahoe Museum - 2,500 won (exclusive of workshop fee)


No comments:

Post a Comment