Monday, May 27, 2013

Trip to Batangas

This is not an ordinary trip. We went here to immerse with the fishermen. We want to experience how it feels to live their life. We did not went to a resort or a hotel. We went to the community.
We have to wake up early to meet the fishermen and check out the fishes that they've catch. It's a good thing because we had the opportunity watch the sunrise.

The people in the community were very hospitable yet conservative. They let the girls sleep inside the bahay kubo while the boys have to sleep outside in the papag to guard the girls. Here's our picture in the bahay kubo.


We had an opportunity to ride their fishing boat for few minutes. They told us that we should ride their boat so that they'll have a good luck on their next time of fishing. 
After meeting the fishermen, we decided to enjoy the beach since we still have time before going to the farm.


I have a folder in my desktop named "Dream Folder". I used to save pictures of pretty places that I want to visit there. I was surprised when I saw a location similar to that picture.
Dreams do come true. 

After swimming, we went to the farm to pick some fresh vegetables that we can cook for lunch.



My friends cooked Pinakbet. It was a blockbuster. :P 

Since I did not help much in cooking, I volunteered to wash the dishes. It was very challenging because I need to get the water from the well first.

It was an memorable experience to know the fishermen, the farmers and their family. We  were also became more aware of the issues that they have to face because of the capitalists that surrounds them. After a whole day spent with them, we had some sharing of reflections about the situation of the community in Nasugbu, Batangas.





Thank you for reading. I hope I was able to show you a glimpse of how they live for a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment